Monday, July 28, 2008

She's here

After a 2 year absence, AF is back with avengence! She showed up early yesterday afternoon just as I was stripping down to my swimsuit to take a dip in the pool. Bummer :(

In high school, I always chuckled at the girls on the sidelines during gym class. Unable to participate due to bad menustrual cramps. I thought for sure they were faking it. I never had one iota of a cramp, backache, bloating, nada. They surely must be just trying to get out of gym class or be wussyfied.
Even growing up with 2 other sister, I didn't get a glimpse of overwhelmingly emotional and painful cycles. After having 3 kids, my cycles simply went back to the way they were.
This time around however, I must have been due. I have felt really emotional and crummy for the past 3 days. My lower stomach is so sore. I just don't feel up to par. I really hope that all these symptoms are just a one time thing and not a sign of what is to come every month. Blah.
Oh, and my lump is still there and unchanged. :/

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LUCKY! ;)

Karen Coutu said...

I hope next month will be better. Sometimes the first one is the worst. Are you on any kind of birth control pill? I use Levora and it makes my period slightly shorter and very light. I still get a little cramping though.

Susan G. said...

Hate to hear you are having a rough time with AF, hope it gets better !